IN0004 - 15 Pc HSS M2 Left Hand Drill Bit Set
Made from High speed steel Left handed drill bits are useful for drilling out broken and sheared bolts and studs.
These unique drill bits are used with your drill operating in reverse and when operated at low speeds the bit will quite often
remove the broken bolt or stud without having to resort to using an easy out or extractor, saving you time and effort.
Left hand Drill bits are very popular in the automotive, mechanical and farming industries and are a very handy set to have in the workshop
Left hand drill bits are primarily used for drilling out jammed or rusted bolts, studs etc. They will sometime cause the thread to "walk out". The principle is the same as "screw extractors” or “Ezy-outs". Bright finish, HSS M2 grade drill bits are precision ground with a 118 degree split point. Quick and efficient swarf clearance allows clog-free precision drilling. Ideal for use on metals, copper, plastics and wood. Drills are manufactured to comply to DIN338 standard. Sets are supplied in heavy duty case
Sizes: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8.5, 9.5,10, 11,11.5 and 12.5 mm
Use For: Steel, alloys, plastic.
To use: simply insert the drill bits into your drill and operate the drill in reverse at low speed
Drill bit Life: There are a few simple ways to extend the life of your drill bits that when followed will increase both the life and performance of any drill bit quite considerably.
- To extend drill bit life always run drill bits and drills at correct operating speeds, as a rule of thumb remember the bigger the diameter of the bit the slower the drilling speed.
- Use a Cutting fluid or oil, a quality cuting fluid keeps bits lubricated and reduces heat andcan double the amount of holes you can drill with one bit.
- Let the drill bit do the cutting at its pace and dont try to force it through.
- Drill a pilot hole, when Using larger diameter bits above 8mm it is a good idea to drill a pilot (small) hole first this smaller hole should be at least 50% smaller than the larger bit to stor binding and will allow the larger bit to drill more efficiently.
Copyright Robsons Toolking 2015 all rights reserved, unauthorised copying and or reproduction in part or full strictly prohibited.
why buy from toolking?
When Buying from toolking you can buy with confidence.
- We have over 38 years experience selling hand tools, so its safe to say that we really know our stuff.
- Unlike many online retailers we do actually have tradional street front retail stores, so we arent going to dissapear on you.
Plus it also makes us easy to contact should you have any questions.
- Toolking is 100% AUSTRALIAN family owned with over 3 generations working in the business
- We Employ Australians, when you buy a product from toolking rather than overseas you are helping to keep Australians employed.
- All our friendly staff are Australian so they speak fluent english, and that makes us easier to speak to.
And Remember that when you Buy from an Australian Business you are keeping Australians Employed,
And you are doing your part to help our economy and keeping jobs here for future generations of Australians.