Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 - 10 and pay only $10.00 each
ULTRA BOND Aluminium repair rods
PACK OF 5 RODS
Ultra bond allows you to make fast easy repairs or even fabricate in Aluminium and other non ferrous metals, using just a BBQ gas bottle or a handyman gas torch.
- ULTRA BOND aluminium repair rod is a strong, easily applied weld or braze for repairing or fabricating aluminium and other non-ferrous metals. It is also compatible with Zinc, Copper, Brass, Bronze, Die Cast, Pot Metals, Pewter and other non-ferrous metals. It is not compatible with ferrous metals (metals with an iron content). If in doubt, if a magnet sticks to the metal, ULTRA BOND won't.
ULTRA BOND'S most valuable use, however, is for repairing broken aluminium or fabricating aluminium pieces. This is because the rod is applied at a low enough temperature (380oC) to avoid melting, warping or crystallising the base metal. The rod has a higher tensile strength than aluminium. ULTRA BOND actually penetrates aluminium chemically while in the molten state to form a "fusion weld" that is stronger than the aluminium being welded. In addition, ULTRA BOND is easily applied "in house" with a small torch. It is much less expensive than conventional aluminium welding, welding contractors or part replacement.
- ALL YOU NEED TO USE ULTRA BOND IS a heat source such as an LPG gas bottle or Barbeque gas bottle, a torch and something to clean the metal with such as a stainless steel wire brush
and with a little practice following our step by step instructions you will be able to quickly and easily make repairs in aluminium and other non ferrous metals
- STEP 1 CLEANING
Aluminium to be welded should be thoroughly cleaned to remove all paints, oils, oxidation and other contaminants. A Stainless steel brush ,A brass wire brush or aluminium oxide sandpaper may be used to clean the metal. Also, a clean file or grinder work well if followed by stainless steel brushing. If the aluminium is anodised, the anodised coating must be filed, ground or sanded off. Paint may be removed with paint thinner or blistered with a torch when brushed. Always brush the metal until shiny to remove all oxidation. Metal will be oxidised some under flame, so occasional brushing during a lengthy heating is useful. Always file cast aluminium and die cast as a stainless steel brush won't clean case aluminium adequately. If the aluminium is oily, heat the metal and wash with vinegar or muriatic acid, rinse with more vinegar. Don't rinse with water. No need to wipe dry. .
- STEP 2 TINNING
After the metal to be welded is clean, it should be heated with a torch. If possible, this should be done without playing the torch on the immediate weld area, and with a neutral or carbonising flame. When the metal is hot enough to melt ULTRA BOND to a shiny wet appearance the areas to be welded should be tinned by scratching or "scrubbing" the rod on the metal. This breaks the surface tension of the puddle and allows the molten rod to break down oxidation that may be present on the surface of the metal. If you suspect that the puddle is not penetrating through to the metal, scratch the metal through the molten puddle with a stainless steel wire or a sharp knife or tool. Another variation on this strategy is to brush the puddle away while it is still hot, then tin the surface a second time.
When repairing a crack, tin both sides of the crack. When joining two pieces of metal,tin both pieces. When repairing a hole or leaking boat tivet, tin the area around the hole.
- STEP 3 WELDING
When all appropriate areas have been tinned, brush rod tip from tinned area to tinned area to join the tinned surfaces with a continuous puddle or bead. ULTRA BOND has good surface tension in the puddle and will easily span small gaps, holes and cracks. ULTRA BOND penetrates the surface of aluminium, forming an extra strong bond, and efficient joints are formed by bridging. Since ULTRA BOND is stronger than aluminium, the joints will be stronger than the surrounding area. Let the weld air cool. DO NOT QUENCH.
Note: We have Stainless steel and Brass wire brushes available seperatly if you need them for cleaning the metal before the repair
Customers please note that postage is charged by the satchel or box (500gm, 3kg or 5kg) so you can add any number of items to the order up to the satchel weight and only pay the one shipping price, this is handy if you want to add another product such as a wire brush etc
Want to see more? watch ultra bond in action on the video on our website
Copyright Robsons Toolking 2015 all rights reserved, unauthorised copying and or reproduction in part or full strictly prohibited.
why buy from toolking?
When Buying from toolking you can buy with confidence.
- We have over 38 years experience selling hand tools, so its safe to say that we really know our stuff.
- Unlike many online retailers we do actually have tradional street front retail stores, so we arent going to dissapear on you.
Plus it also makes us easy to contact should you have any questions.
- Toolking is 100% AUSTRALIAN family owned with over 3 generations working in the business
- We Employ Australians, when you buy a product from toolking rather than overseas you are helping to keep Australians employed.
- All our friendly staff are Australian so they speak fluent english, and that makes us easier to speak to.
And Remember that when you Buy from an Australian Business you are keeping Australians Employed,
And you are doing your part to help our economy and keeping jobs here for future generations of Australians.