OPINEL POCKET KNIVES
MADE IN FRANCE since 1890
- Size # 8
Created in 1890 and manufactured in Savoi ever since. The classic knife of Savoi is what has made OPINEL famous world wide. The OPINEL is sold in over 70 countries worldwide.
The handle of varnished beech wood ensures an ergonomically designed grip and gives the knife its classic and unique shape.
The blade with its classic "YATAGAN" shape is crafted from superior grade stainless steel.
OPINEL have perfected the hardening and tempering process used to produce these unique knives
The double safety ring "VIROBLOC", created by Marcel Opinel in 1955, locks the blade either in open or closed position on knife sizes 6-12.
Many people, since 1890, are fanatics of OPINEL, because of its reliability and simplicity.
Known or unknown, artists and craftsmen, adventurers or just walkers, for every body, to have an OPINEL is not ordinary: it is a way of life and genuineness.
So, Pablo PICASSO used it to carve little stones like women's profiles and heads of bull...
In 1959 it saves Pierre PAQUET's life, mountain guide, Roger FRISONROCHE had it always in his pocket, even in Paris ...
In 1986 it is again thanks to the OPINEL that Alain COLAS, the famous navigator, could release his leg and save his own life. Eric TABARLY declared to be a supporter of the "crowned hand"...
In 1986 the knife is the faithful companion of Jean-Louis ETIENNE, during his expedition to the pole...
The most famous names of French cooking consider the OPINEL as being an object that never leaves their pocket...
The OPINEL, it is also an object that symbolizes an atmosphere, a way of life which has inspired every kind of literature (novels, adventure stories, detective novels, essays) and so many famous writers...
The first article about OPINEL has been published in 1913 and from this moment, a lot of others have been counted in France and all over the world (Japan , Russia , and United States)...
In 1985, the VICTORIA and ALBERT MUSEUM of London selects the OPINEL to appear in the “The Good Design Guide", an anthology of the 100 most beautiful objects in the world.
OPINEL has been quoted in the catalogue of the Modern Art Museum of New York. It is known in the United States as the French Country Knife...
In 1989, the OPINEL is listed into LE LAROUSSE among the registered names. it is officially part of the French heritage...
- Blade length: 8.3cm
- overall length: 19.4cm
- Features a premium quality stainless steel blade and unique locking system that locks the blade open or closed.
- A beautifully designed knife it is light and comfortable in both the pocket and hand.
- Made withg superior grade stainless steel this knife holds its edge beautifully and is easy to sharpen when needed
copyright Robsons Toolking 2015 all rights reserved, unauthorised copying and or reproduction in part or full strictly prohibited.
why buy from toolking?
When Buying from toolking you can buy with confidence.
- We have over 38 years experience selling hand tools, so its safe to say that we really know our stuff.
- Unlike many online retailers we do actually have tradional street front retail stores, so we arent going to dissapear on you.
Plus it also makes us easy to contact should you have any questions.
- Toolking is 100% AUSTRALIAN family owned with over 3 generations working in the business
- We Employ Australians, when you buy a product from toolking rather than overseas you are helping to keep Australians employed.
- All our friendly staff are Australian so they speak fluent english, and that makes us easier to speak to.
When you Buy from an Australian Business you are keeping Australians Employed and in doing so you are doing your part to help our economy and keeping jobs here for future generations of Australians.