SCREW DRIVER Japanese industrial standard #2
MADE IN JAPAN
Does your Phillips screwdriver "cam-out" and damage some screws?
If so, it may NOT be a US Phillips® screw - it may be a “JIS” (Japanese Industrial Standard) type!
Most people and companies outside of Japan have absolutely no idea what a JIS screw is, with a striking similarity to the appearance to Phillips screws JIS screws are often damaged in removing and installing because most people use a phillips screwdriver on them when they should be using a JIS screwdriver.
JIS screws and drivers are not designed not to camout like Philips do.
These drivers are not easily available outside of japan but at toolking we always like to make sure we are your one stop shop for those hard to find tools.
- Its important to note that that these JIS drivers will always fit a Phillips screw,
so you can dont have to worry about changing between screwdrivers when working on phillips screws.
Phillips® versus JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard)
One of the most recognized types of screwdrivers in the world is the traditional Phillips® screwdriver. But if you find you are experiencing “cam-outs” and that you damage screws when using a Phillips® screwdriver on Japanese made products such as motorbikes, ATV’s, cars, electronic equipment, and office equipment, it is possible that the screw is not actualy phillips but rather a “JIS” (Japanese Industrial Standard) screw.
- JIS and Phillips® screws look the same to the human eye, but they actually have completely different profiles and it'svery hard to spot the difference.
Henry Phillips invented and patented the Phillips® design in 1936. The Phillips® design was a great solution for the automobile production lines since it was designed to “cam-out” after a certain torque was reached to prevent over-tightening of the screw. and it was a revolution compared to the older flat blade screws.
Japanese engineers also developed their own cross-point design similar to that of the Phillips®. however the “JIS” (Japanese Industrial Standard) design allowed torque and over-tightening to be controlled by the operator and not at the head of the screw.
- The key thing to note is that traditional Phillips screwdrivers cannot properly engage "JIS” (Japanese Industrial Standard) screws, and it is this poor connection that causes the camout and damage to screws on many japanese prducts and It’s very hard to distinguish the difference between a Phillips® versus a JIS screw without magnification.
- Made in Japan these screwdrivers are exceptional quality and feature hardened tip and comfortable cushion grip.
- Designed and built for professionals these drivers feature comfortable grips and superior Japanese craftsmanship.
- Ideal for working on Motorbikes, and other automotive applications these screwdrivers are superior japanese quality and are made to last
Copyright Robsons Toolking 2015 all rights reserved, unauthorised copying and or reproduction in part or full strictly prohibited.
why buy from toolking?
When Buying from toolking you can buy with confidence.
- We have over 38 years experience selling hand tools, so its safe to say that we really know our stuff.
- Unlike many online retailers we do actually have tradional street front retail stores, so we arent going to dissapear on you.
Plus it also makes us easy to contact should you have any questions.
- Toolking is 100% AUSTRALIAN family owned with over 3 generations working in the business
- We Employ Australians, when you buy a product from toolking rather than overseas you are helping to keep Australians employed.
- All our friendly staff are Australian so they speak fluent english, and that makes us easier to speak to.
And Remember that when you Buy from an Australian Business you are keeping Australians Employed,
And you are doing your part to help our economy and keeping jobs here for future generations of Australians.